1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody wants to do a few dives in Wraysbury ?

Discussion in 'Dive Buddy Finder' started by BlueTrin, Jan 6, 2019.

1. BlueTrin

BlueTrin New Member

i would like to go to Wraysbury to practice diving with a drysuit:
    - Saturday 12 Jan
    - Saturday 26 Jan

Anybody fancy going there for a few dives ?

2. jps

jps Active Member
    UKD Supporter

I can't do those dates but I am planning to do a couple of dives on Thursday 31st if that's any good.

3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin New Member

Sorry only weekends for me :)

By the way that may be of interest for you: there is a new quarry opening in Kent. It’s called St Andrew’s lake (https://www.standrewsdiving.co.uk/). Starting from February, I plan to go there as it is only a 45 mins drive from home.

jps likes this.
  4. jps

jps Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Very nice..... Thanks for that. Its also about 45 mins drive for me too.

5. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

That'll be some serious competition for Holborough and Leybourne, if it matches up on the blurb on the website.
    Mind you, I am doubtful about "beautiful blue water"... unless it is from the suspended chalk particles, and the Chilterns are about a hunder miles away, so good luck on "slow-filtering crystal clear water" from there.

On the positive side, if they do achieve thirty metres, than that could be useful. I've driven past the site ofetn enough, and if its the quarry I'm thinking of, then it looks as though it has a bit more depth than the others in that area.The problem wil be the same as all the South-Eastern sites, though: chalk/clay base leading to rubbish visibility.

And by the way, sorry I won't be able to make 26th or 12th either.

6. BlueTrin

BlueTrin New Member

So I went to St Andrews, the water is pretty clear. I suspect it is due to the chalk like you said.

Seems like nobody wants to explore the shallow silt of Wraysbury in 5C water, I wonder why lol :)