1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brief intro

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by not my Nick, Sep 13, 2017.

1. not my Nick

not my Nick New Member

Hi all,
    I'm just beginning to try to get back into diving having returned to the UK a year ago. I'm a bit trepidatious as to how different UK diving is going to be from the Asian waters I'm used to... Drysuits. task loading... What could possibly go wrong? Eeek!

I'm going to be doing a lot of lurking, but in the unlikely event I have something to contribute, will definitely chip in :)

Cheers, Matt

2. splinter

splinter Active Member

Hi, Matt.

UK diving has it's challenges, is sometimes frustrating but can be Very rewarding. Take it steady, a step at a time. Find a club or some experienced mates to dive with and have fun.

Drysuits take a bit of getting used to, but with a bit of practice become easier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. not my Nick

not my Nick New Member

Thanks. :) I plan to take it slow and steady - I have a healthy sense of fear, very aware of my own ignorance, and in no hurry to meet my maker :D

4. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Welcome, I'm going through the same process having done most of my, limited, diving in warmer clearer waters. I found drysuits a nightmare when I started - things got better when I got my own that fitted and, to misquote Arnold Palmer, the more I practise, the easier it gets.

5. phantomlurker

phantomlurker Member

Welcome Matt, enjoy the lurking!
    As a new member that's pretty much what I've been doing...

Ian