1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christ of the abyss - portofino

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by minus273degrees, Mar 30, 2017.

1. minus273degrees

minus273degrees Active Member

Has anyone dived the statue? Or dived in Italy?

Might of managed to blag it on the honeymoon !!

2. Cybes

Cybes Active Member

I've enjoyed diving the Portofino marine park. There are a variety of different dives at different depths. We ran out of Santa Margherita where the majority of dive boats are based, but there were one of two from Genoa around as well.
    Portofino is a popular spot with a lot of divers

3. minus273degrees

minus273degrees Active Member

Any dive centre you would recommend ? Not sure if to take all own kit will prob only do 2-4 dives over 2 days

4. Cybes

Cybes Active Member

I use Portofino Divers when I dive there. They can supply all equipment, 'though I would take your Drysuit.

They offer accommodation as well. They have an apartment near the dive shop for dive tourists which probably won't impress the wife. They also have a villa in the national park which overlooks the marine reserve. I haven't used the villa but it sounds good. A Mediterranean rustic vibe.

They sell a villa/dive package. Agri diving I think it's called. I was thinking of taking my family there next year.

I would book ahead as this is a popular dive spot.