1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dive Gear Wanted!

Discussion in 'Personal Ads' started by AccAbacus, Oct 1, 2018.

1. AccAbacus

AccAbacus New Member

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined this forum as a friend of mine highly recommended it.

I have been diving for about 9 years, but only have a mask, snorkel and fins.

So I'm in the market for everything else!

I'm a 5'10" male, size large.

If you have anything you want to sell then please let me know! I particularly want:

BCD
    Regs
    3mm shorty wetsuit
    Drysuit and undergarment
    Boots (size 9)
    Gloves (L)
    Hood

I am hoping to book a liveaboard soon so need some equipment for that, and I also plan on doing more UK diving - hence the drysuit etc.

Many thanks!

2. SimonL

SimonL New Member

Not perfect but I'm selling a 5mm shorty the bay of fleas at present.

It's an 'XL' but it's not massive - I can measure and send you sizes if you want.

3. AccAbacus

AccAbacus New Member

That sounds like it could work. Can you send sizes / photos / price etc please?

Many thanks,

Paul

4. SimonL

SimonL New Member

Typhoon XTS Shorty Wetsuit:
    • 5mm
    • Front zip
    • Size XL
    • Grey / Black
    • Great condition - no scuffs, rips or tears, and zip works perfectly
    • Always washed after use but dispite this there is some slight discolouration in patches where some red earth got on it once and would not come off :( but does not affect usage (I've tried to show this in the picture of the wetsuit leg but it doesn't show up very well)
    Sizes (Unstretched):
    Chest: 96cm / 38"
    Waist: 92cm / 36"
    Top of zip to crotch: 76cm / 30"
    Plenty of give in the neoprene for slightly larger size ;)

Currently on eBay with a start price of £24.99 including postage... (happy to end the auction if you want it and there are no bidders)

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4695.JPG

IMG_4697.JPG

IMG_4700.JPG

Attached Files:

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Regs...

I'd recommend the bulletproof Apeks ATX40 second stages with DS4 first stage. Perfect for all kinds of diving: reliable, cheap, hard to beat (which is why they're so popular on UK technical dive boats). 4th Element Diving have a new set for £300 including double console (for some reason the Apeks gauge is silly money for a small gauge that's good for deco but not so (IMHO) for a main gauge).

If you buy a set of regs second hand, you're best to get them serviced which will be anything up to £100. Most of my regs are ATX40s and several of my first stages are DS4s.

TBH I'd pretty much recommend a trip to the forthcoming dive show at the NEC in a couple of weeks. Amazingly there's often bargains to be had.