1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOD1 done

Discussion in 'Rebreathers Closed and Semi Closed Circuit' started by splinter, Aug 22, 2021.

1. splinter

splinter Active Member

I'm happy to say I'm finally a qualified CCR diver. Had a great fun couple of weekends in capernwray, finishing today off with a day at wastwater to do the deeper dives.

I spent a lot of last weekend thinking what the f**k have I done, buying this thing although I did enjoy it, but this weekend it really felt like it was coming together. The last 2 dives today were great, buoyancy and trim clicked to an extent. Plenty to improve on of course, but generally happy with it at depth and on the ascents.

Looking forwards to getting plenty of practice in now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Wonderful news. Well done

splinter likes this.
  3. Vanny

Vanny Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed and completed the course. We spoke a while back when you were looking at the unit, hope you enjoy it going forward

splinter likes this.
  4. splinter

splinter Active Member

We did and thanks again for your help and advice.

My only regret is I didn't do it sooner.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Vanny likes this.
  5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Think of all the other skills you'd honed in the meantime -- probably made the move to CCR much easier.

splinter likes this.
  6. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That was my conclusion after completing mod 1. At least you did it. Well done!

Enjoy the future and look after those oxygen sensors (and never trust them fully)!

splinter likes this.
  7. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, hauling twin 16s around is a great skill and a helpful step before acquiring J cylinders :D