1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mouth piece

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by minus273degrees, Mar 31, 2016.

1. minus273degrees

minus273degrees Active Member

I've bit through mine Doh! any recommendations for good price / nice shape etc??

2. Col__M

Col__M Active Member
    UKD Supporter

My Apeks regs have their Comfobite jobbie on - and that's pretty comfortable, even for the longer dives (over 1hr). I certainly feel no need to change it.

My Scupabro set has an aftermarket, soak-it-in-hot-water-and-bite-the-hell-out-of-it-while-it-cools one that wasn't expensive (Beaver?) and is again pretty comfortable - certainly a lot better than the original one that came with the 2nd stage.

Not sure that helps really, other than saying that you can definitely do better than the OEM Scubapro mouth piece.

3. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I like the comfibite ones that are supplied with Apeks. I borrowed a deco cylinder from Becky the last time we went to NDAC and the mouthpiece on that was horrible, gave me jaw cramp practically instantly.

4. becky9

becky9 Diving bore!

Pretty sure that was an Atomic mouth piece. I use the same on my primary, but use a comfibite on my backup. x

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Defo the Apeks mouthpieces. Look on eBay for some spares. They fit the ScubaPro second stage regs too.

6. minus273degrees

minus273degrees Active Member

It was an apeks I bit through and liked it think I'll go for that see if I can find one cheap now

7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Must add it's the ComfoBite not the other one.

Example

8. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

one of the bung in hot water and mould to your mouth are great. I tend to go through mouth pieces as I slighly grind/move my jaw as a way of equalising.