1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proplanner 5

Discussion in 'Technical Diving' started by Bobco, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Bobco

Bobco Active Member

Me to as well I would think from that little exercise

2. bottlefish

bottlefish Super dooper member
    UKD Supporter

The difference there is that your VR3 is calculating on the fly, it knows when you gas switch, when you've stopped etc and so will give you the correct deco schedule.

If you start adding new stops into a ProPlanner plan, you're deviating from the plan it is expecting you to do. This throws you into the unknown, you don't know wether the deep stop is increase your obligation, and by how much etc etc... and given that there's also no indication of teh conservancy (although comparing to VPlanner, I'd suggest it's not), you'd have no idea of how much you could get away with.

That's all far too fly by the seat of my pants for my liking, I'd much rather use an application that gives me all the information I'd want to see before I start the dive.... or of course, make that "investment" and get myself a VR3 ;)

3. Sakara Drinker

Sakara Drinker Posting Sh*te since 2005

I don´t think pro planner is supposed to be a stand alone deco programme. I assume it is to produce backup plans for their VRX computer.

By the way, I received an email with the price for the VRX. A level 1 model (special offer so opened up fully to rebreather) is 990 quid. If you want the colour screen and the vpmb additional algorithm then it is 1150 quid. If you like the look of the coloured anodised cases then it is a further 65 quid. So a nice gold one with a colour screen is going to be 1215 quid.

Still tempted though :)

4. bottlefish

bottlefish Super dooper member
    UKD Supporter

Hmmm, think I'll stick to my wet notes and arm slate :)

5. sira

sira New Member

But you can upgrade your VR3 to the new HD screen for about £215 and a further £100 to unlock the colour screen that also give you the 2008 software!! at that costs its very.........