1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Si-Tech silicone seals

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by Gnomey, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Gnomey

Gnomey Well-Known Member

Right. I am in need of replacing the seals in my BARE bfore they split. I have been waiting for the new silicone seals to be released from Si-tech/Waterproof, and now they are finally here.
    Whilst I was looking at them, it seems to me that they could be used with the dryglove system.
    Anyone know more about them or use them?

2. Ellie

Ellie Non scene GUE diver

Did you ever get anywhere with these?

3. SmartMonkey

SmartMonkey Member

I've got a set with the Si-tech dryglove system. They work realy well.
    I bought a couple of sets and one set is with a mate in oxford if you want to have a look.
    SmartMonkey

4. Gnomey

Gnomey Well-Known Member

No. After fitting the neck system, it made the suit to short to wear so it is for sale. The suit was "snug" before fitting the neck system and now the palstic ring pushes into the back of my neck.
    Now have a new drysuit.

5. Ellie

I'm looking at getting a suit a made and am considering getting the Si-Tech Necktite system for the silicone neck seal. So do you think that they just need to take into account that more height is needed for this system to stop it pushing into the back of your neck?

6. Ellie

I may take you up on that offer. I currently use the Rolock dryglove system and really like it but was also looking at the Si-tech quick cuff system for my new suit but I don't think I'd be able to use these together. My only concern about the Si-tech dryglove system is it looks big. Do you have the push in ones, or the twist lock ones?

7. SmartMonkey

SmartMonkey Member

I have the push in ones, I'll admit I don't actualy use them with dry gloves, I just use them as an easy way to change the seals. Waterproof have a neat oval shaped set that I'd be interested in trying on my next suit.
    SmartMonkey

8. Gnomey

Gnomey Well-Known Member

Yes. If you are going to have them fitted in a suit then make sure you have an extra inch or two for the ring system. If it is being fitted by the poeple making the suit I am sure they already dial in the extra.

9. Ellie

Thanks Gnomey, I'll make sure they know that if I go ahead with it.

SmartMonkey, the Waterproof oval ones look good, and appear to be made by Si-tech also. Could you do me a favour and tell me the diameter of the round rings you currently have fitted to your suit?

10. SmartMonkey

SmartMonkey Member

122mm OD for the rings on my suit
    SmartMonkey

11. Ellie

Thanks for that!