1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fish in the background

Discussion in 'Underwater Photography/Videography' started by Steppenwolf, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Well-Known Member

I took this photograph during my recent diving trip to Sipadan. In it, there is a pufferfish in the foreground but I realised later that there was something else in the background - looks like another fish. It is better seen on higher definition screens but does anyone know what it is? I thought it might be a frogfish but am not sure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25941505@N04/8027139040/

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Might just be a sponge

3. Flyingspanner

Flyingspanner Well-Known Member

I'd agree Arun, I think it just happens to look like a fish.

4. Laamu

Laamu New Member

The puffer's fin kinda makes it look like the sponge/frogfish's leg. Remove that and it reduces to a sponge.

5. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Well-Known Member

What a pity. I thought that I had discovered a hitherto unknown species and was visualising my picture in National Geographic.:cry:;):D

becky9 likes this.
  6. Flyingspanner

Flyingspanner Well-Known Member

You'll just have to keep having trips to exotic locations till you find it then.

7. shortcuts

shortcuts Well-Known Member

Spooky. Like seeing jesus in a cloud!