1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used compressor

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by MIBAS, Aug 17, 2009.

1. MIBAS

MIBAS New Member

Hello,
    I'm new here. I dont have enough money for a new equipment, so i need used scuba compressor. Can you give an address or links or any contact information where i can find one or many for sale...:huh::)

2. Aquafan

Aquafan Active Member

Why is a compressor on the top of your kit list? personally I think your taking the p1$$

3. aquanaut

aquanaut Well-Known Member

Could this be you are not native to this country .Do you mean cylinder for the compressed air. :huh: . what diver with no gear wants a compressor

4. MIBAS

MIBAS New Member

Yes, i'm not from this country. Believe me, i have all the gear (5 diving suits, etc..:D). Please, help me to find used compresoor in your country.:shy:

5. Aquafan

Aquafan Active Member

Why not give a introduction first, diving experience etc. Also why do you really need a compressor, when there are loads of filling stations? Are you running a dive school?

6. John_c

John_c New Member

Hi MIBAS

Used compressors come up quite often on various dive forums, but you need to give us some idea of what your looking for?

What CFM do you need?

What power source? (electric, Petrol, Diesel)

Do you need air to be Nitrox clean?

Whats your price Range?

Thumbs Up

7. MIBAS

MIBAS New Member

Hi John,
    Thank you for your response. Im living in lithuania, i have all diving gear and i have 3 years diving experience.;) I made some interesting videos here in Lithuania. If you want to see some:
    www.youtube.com/user/mibas
    The problem is that there is no any filling station close to my home.:crying: And i dont have enough money to buy a new compressor. And there is no any used compressors here in lithuania. I only need to fill one or two 15litre balloons a day. Priority is diesel or petrol compressor, but can be electric. I only need to fill the air. It can be old small, but good working compressor.
    I could pay up to 400 pounds. Is it possible to find one for this price?
    Thank you alot for your help.:rolleyes:

8. DeviousDan

DeviousDan New Member

Hi

It is possible to get a second hand compressor for that price.
    But it's by know means easy.
    Also most at that price range will be on ebay, and some sellers wont want to ship the goods to lithuania, which would be very risky and costly.

I'd keep an eye out on ebay uk if i were you.

9. John_c

John_c New Member

As Dan has said, £400 is possible, but unlikely to get you much. Any decent 2nd hand compressor is going to be nearer £600+, but ebay is your best bet.

10. njh5196

njh5196 New Member

Quite honestly before even thinking about buying a breathing air compressor in any shape or form make sure you know exactly what you're doing and that you know enough about charging cylinders and the possibility of air comtamination. Im not being patronising but i work as a breathing compressor engineer and it does tend to worry me a bit about people filling their own cylinders, but once you've got all the information and you're comfortable with the fact that you can safely fill cylinders then by all means go for it.

11. DaveS

DaveS Play nice. Enjoy UKD

I had a mate who sold a petrol compressor recently and shipped to sweden (probably a less unusual route than Lithuania) and the shipping charge was close to £150. As for filling Balloons, try your local card shop. In the UK, most card shops also fill balloons - usually those that say 'happy 60th' and are full of helium.