1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I need

Discussion in 'New to Scuba Diving' started by Jonwainwright, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Jonwainwright

Jonwainwright New Member

I have recently started learning to drive after joining a local BSAC club. I have almost completed the theory and the pool dives and I'm getting ready for the open water stuff my question in what do I need to buy equipment wise I have fins, mask, snorkel and the club has a bcd and tank I can use. I'm guessing I can rent a dry suit for now, do I just need a good and gloves and I'm guessing at least 5mm for the uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum.

If the club have the kit, use it! The main thing is to get experience underwater. Developing your GAS* can wait - there'll be plenty of opportunity later!

Drysuits are definitely the right tool for the job. Rent if you can and buy later when you know what you want/need.

*Gear Aquisition Syndrome.

3. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Welcome, Jon - you seem to have found an active local BSAC club, congratulations. Ask lots of questions, most of the guys here have a lot of experience and others (like me) are more limited but can sometimes help with a beginner issue, or at least sympathise as we hit the same issue. Time underwater is a great teacher.