1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

canon s95 problems

Discussion in 'Underwater Photography/Videography' started by bigbird, Nov 4, 2015.

1. bigbird

bigbird Active Member

my s95 works fine with no problems or issues on dry land, but when i put it into the canon underwater housing, then the problems begin.

Using it in manual mode, frequently it freezes and wont allow me to adjust anything (iso or wb etc) the wee indicator light on the rear above the screen stays on orange.. i can however move it to other modes but i dont use any of them...i only use manual. it wont even let me do a white balance..

occassionally i also get the message to change my battery pack...so i just turn it off..and leave it for 5 mins and put it back on and its fine...but still wont let me change settings.

i was told that as the light is orange, it means that the camera is busy...and i may have a button pressing somewhere...so ive used a syringe and squirted grease into the wee button surrounds and they are all free moving...

i bought new batteries and ive reset the camera...i have messed about with the camera in my living room and it works perfectly...

can anyone shed any light on any of the above?

i just dont know if its the housing at fault or the possible cold water affecting the camera...i wouldnt have bothered too much but i just bought an inon lens adapter and a wide angle lens for the bloody thing!!

2. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

My fuji camera did this it was related to one of the buttons not fully releasing. Try soaking the housing in warm water although the buttons are free moving its possible they stick when under a bit of pressure? how deep is the dive? Moisture in the case or camera can do strange things, maybe worth sticking the camera in a box with some rice/silica to make sure there is no moisture. google or ebay for another case

bigbird likes this.
  3. bigbird

bigbird Active Member

i will get the case in the bath to soak...i did suspect a button but they are freely moving..maybe under pressure they are pressing in..its happens from about 12m and deeper

4. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

If you use all the buttons when it's soaked for a bit that may help.

bigbird likes this.